This past month, we focused on the art of pressing pause—pausing
to check in, slow down, and take part in small practices that support
our everyday emotional wellbeing. It's not too late to give it a try,
Press Pause Calendar from Lyra, your Caregiver Assistance Program.
Quarterly Step Challenge: Connecting with our Community starts May 24th
As we continue to navigate new ways of working, and the changes in our
broader communities, many of us are finding that our connections and social
lives now look very different. Our social connections are just as critical
to our well-being as eating well, exercise and sleep and improve our physical
health and emotional well-being. Before you begin, watch
this video. During this challenge, reflect on your daily connections.
This challenge starts on
May 24, 12 am local time, and ends on
June 7, 11:59 pm local time.
The last chance to upload your steps is
June 8, 11:59 pm local time. Steps uploaded after this date won’t be counted in the final results.
Try uploading daily—it’s more fun!
- Teams can have up to 5 players. Try to recruit a full crew. You can also
go at it on your own!
- Team scores are based on total team steps.
- The more steps your team gets, the better your score.
- To contribute to your team score, upload steps from a fitness tracker or app.
- You can get credit for a maximum of 30,000 steps per day (so aim high)!
- The team with the most steps at the end of the challenge wins!
- Throughout the challenge, you will work to unlock stages.
If you unlock all the stages before the challenge ends, keep walking. Another
team could still pass you on the Challenge Leaderboard.
Join the Healthy Habit Challenge: Make Time for Play
You may know that play is beneficial for a child's development, but
play has multiple benefits for people of all ages. Play can help relieve
stress, increase joy, increase our learning, and connect us with others
both near and far. Play can also help keep us feeling younger and more
energetic. Incorporating some play into work can also make work both more
productive and more pleasurable.
- Challenge starts June 21st
- Track YES 5 out of 7 days
- Earn Choose Well points
Strategies to Reduce Working-Parent Stress and Guilt: June 9th
Chasing the elusive work/life balance has always been a challenge for working
parents. The COVID-19 pandemic has left parents scrambling to juggle school
and childcare responsibilities in an ever-changing landscape. In this
workshop, you will:
- Learn specific strategies for letting go of working-parent guilt
- Explore approaches for alleviating stress and setting realistic parenting
- Understand how to maximize time with your child
Suggested for: Parents/guardians of children 0-12
Reserve Your Spot Here